Causes Behind Error Code 0xc00d5212 · Unsupported video file format. · Unsupported video codec. · Outdated display drivers. · Outdated Windows. · The. The 0xc00d5212 error message pops when some Windows Media Player users try to play AVI videos. “This item was encoded in a format. VLC Player is an effective method to resolve video format not supported Windows 10 issue. This is because the VLC media player is capable to.
You can watch a thematic videoHow to Fix Missing Codec 0xc00d5212 Error When Playing AVI Files?
1. Is the issue occurring with only this file?
2. What is the file format of the video?
3. Are you using Video app to playback the video?
4. Have you used Windows Media Player to play the video?
You can try the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.
Check if you are able to play the file in Windows Media Player, if it fails, you may download and install codecs and check with the issue.
Codecs: frequently asked questions
Note: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious lg error code red green green green that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8 cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8 Party Software is at your own risk.
If the issue still persists, you may check for any updates available for video app in Microsoft Store, video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8.
If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft and run the app troubleshooter if you are using Video app to playback the video.
Troubleshoot problems with an app
Hope this helps.
Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.
6 people found this reply helpful·
Was this reply helpful?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback.
Getting an error while playing a video can be irritating. Generally, error messages that occur with an error code are tough to understand. One such error is videocan’t be played – the video format not supported Windows 10 (0xc00d5212). Well, if you are the one who is facing this error then do not worry. I am saying so because this post contains the great information on how to fix error code 0xc00d5212 when playing video both manually and automatically.
To fix error code 0xc00d5212 when playing video, we recommend this tool:
This software will repair flickery, video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8, stuttery, jerky, unplayable videos and supports all popular video formats. Now repair your corrupt and broken videos in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Video Repair Tool rated Great on Pcmag.com.
- Click Add File to add the video you want to repair.
- Select Repair to start the repair process and save the repaired video on the desired location after the repair is done.
So, before I proceed further, let’s know what is error code 0xc00d5212?
What Is Error Code 0xc00d5212?
The error code 0xc00d5212 is the common error that has been reported by the users when playing videos on their Windows system. However, if you’ve updated your Windows OS recently then it is possible that you will face an error code 0xc00d5212: can’t play videos on Windows 10/8/7.
The cryptic code 0xc00d5212 pops up to alert you about the issue when you try to open a video file (say .AVI. MKV, or .MOV) in “Movies & TV” or “Windows Media Player” app on your Windows 10 computer. It can pop up on other apps as well. The following dialog box shows the exact message:
But, when it comes to ‘fixcan’t play error. This item was encoded in a format not supported 0xc00d5212 (0xc00d5212)’, you can try the fixes mentioned in the below section of this blog.
Best & Professional Video Repair Tool To Fix Error Code 0xc00d5212 (Automatically)
Well, if any issue or error takes place in the video file because of any unknown reason then, you can simply try Video Repair Tool. This software has the capability to fix error code 0xc00d5212 or other video file problems.
Do you know why I am recommending this tool? This is because with the help of this tool, you can:
- Successfully resolve any error or issue in the video files
- Repair corrupted, damaged, broken or inaccessible video files
- Easily fixes videos that are virus-infected
- Allows you to preview the repaired video files
- Completed trustworthy and 100% safe & secure
The steps available to repair error code 0xc00d5212: can’t play videos on Windows 10/8/7 are so easy that you don’t even need any technical knowledge.
The best part about this tool is that it is available for both; Windows as well as Mac respectively. It means that if you’re using Windows PC then you can go for the Windows version or if you’re using Mac PC then you can go for Mac version.
* Free version of this program only previews repaired videos.
So, without wasting any time, you’ve to just download, install & try the steps of this danfoss aqua drive, error 413 to fix the error code 0xc00d5212while playing video files in no time. Below you will get its user guide…
Steps To Repair Error Code 0xc00d5212: Can’t Play Videos
Step 1: Download, install and launch Video Repair software on your video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8. Click on 'Add Files' error creating direct3d 9 engine add corrupted video files.
Step 2: Click on 'Repair' button to begin the repairing process. This start repairing your added video files one by one.
Step 3: You can click on 'Preview', in order to preview the repaired video file within the software and click on 'Save Repaired Files' button to save the repaired videos at desired location.
How Do I Fix Error Code 0xc00d5212? (Manually)
Solution #1: Fix Error Code 0xc00d5212 with VLC Media Player
VLC Player is an effective method to resolve video format not supportedWindows 10 issue. This is because the VLC media player is capable to support more codecs & file formats than WMP (Windows Media Player). So, simply install and follow these steps of VLC to play your video smoothly:
- First of all, start the VLC Player, and then go to the Media
- Choose the option Convert or Save
- Now, add input files or streams which you want to be transcoded, after that you’ve to press the Convert or Save option again.
- And in that Convert window which appears, you’ve to provide your file name for the destination file
- Next, simply choose the desired input/Codecs from the profile list.
- Then, press the “Edit Selected Profile” to check or edit a profile settings
- After that, you’ve to press on the Start option.
If this solution won’t work, then you can try the next way.
Solution #2: Updating Display Drivers
If there is any compatibility problem for display driver on Windows 10 then an error code 0xc00d5212 might occur. So, in that case, you have to follow these steps to update display drivers to solve this issue:
- Firstly, press the Win + R keys together and then type msc and hit the Enter to open a Device Manager
- Next, find Display adapter device and expand the driver icon
- Then, right-click on driver icon, choose the Update driver software
Error post 77 award Software" width="667" height="488">
- Now, choose the Browse my computer for a driver software
- In this step, click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers
- Choose the option driver according to your device model and installed
- Finally, restart the PC and see if an error is fixed.
Solution #3: Install the Missing Codec
The error code 0xc00d5212 might be because of one or more supporting codecs which aren’t installed on pioneerxv oc error system.
Hence, you’ve to install the compatible codecs for that video file format. But, if you wish to download the codecs automatically for WMP (Windows media player) then follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the Tools and then Options
- After that go to Player in the Windows Media Player.
- Next, you’ve to choose Download codecs automatically checkbox
- Now, click there if you’re prompted to install the codec.
To know more about the codecs – Click this Microsoft’s website.
Solution #4: Update the Windows OS
Well, to update the Windows operating system, you need to simply try the below instructions:
- Initially, press the Windows+ I keys to open the Windows
- Next, click on the “Update & Security.”
- In the Window Update section, you have to click the “Check for updates”.
- After update is successfully installed, “Windows Media Player” and “Movies & TV” problem may no longer exist.
- Now, restart the computer when prompted.
- Then, check the video file on any media player. This troubleshooting way will definitely fix the error.
Solution #5: Perform the System Restore
To fix error code 0xc00d5212 when playing video, you can also perform the system restore. So, video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8, just try the below steps to solve this error:
Step 1: First, login to the computer as an administrator.
Step 2: Then, click the Windows key and then type the “system restore.”
Step 3: Next, press the Enter to choose the Create a restore point.
Step 4: After that, open the “System Protection” tab and click the System Restore.
The cryptic code 0xc00d5212 pops up to alert you about the issue when you try to open a video file (say .AVI. MKV, or .MOV) in “Movies & TV” or “Windows Media Player” app on your Windows 10 computer. It can pop up on other apps as well.
The code is represented in number and letter combinations to correspond to the particular error or type of error. It canon c000 printer error not provide precise and actionable info, but the code offers a starting point for a troubleshooting solution.
Why Does Error Code 0xc00d5212 occur?
The error 0xc00d5212 could occur due to:
- A corrupt codec that restricts the deployed media player to play the video file.
- Old display adapters that result in the video playback error.
- An incompatible file format that isn’t supported in the media player.
- Corrupt entries in Windows 10 system files that result in their misconfiguration.
- Incorrect installation, uninstallation, or settings of an app that hamper its workings.
- Improper shutdown of your computer that resulted in system file corruption.
- Recovery after virus, spyware, or adware attack that corrupted video file.
What are the plausible methods to resolve 0xc00d5212 error?
Perform the following troubleshooting methods to eliminate the causes of the error:
Open the video file in other media player
- Download and install a different media player (say VLC) on your computer.
- Right click the affected video file and select open with the installed media player app.
All being well, the video file will work properly in the media player.
Install missing codec
- Download the missing/corrupt codec for the error code 0xc00d5212 from Microsoft’s website.
- Install the codec and open the video file by using the updated media player app.
Check whether the video file plays without any error.
Update display adapter
- Press the Windows key and type “device manager” then press the Enter key.
- Double-click “Display adapters” then right click the graphics adapter.
3. Select “Update driver” then krasnodar ru error 404 “Select automatically for updated driver software.”
4. Wait till “Searching online for drivers…” finishes.
5. Select the required driver, and once the installation is over, restart your PC.
If the error 0xc00d5212 persists, visit the PC manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest display driver.
Uninstall multiple audio codecs
- Press the Windows key and type “device manager” then press the Enter
- Double-click “Sound, video and game controllers” then right click 3rd party audio device.
3. In the “Uninstall Device” dialog box, select “Delete the driver software for this device” checkbox.
4. Click Uninstall. Restart your computer.
Try playing the video file by using Movie & TV and check whether it works.
Convert the erroneous video file to another video format
- Download and install a video transcoder software (say HandBrake).
- Convert the affected video file to another format (say .MP4).
Now, open the converted file in a media player. Hopefully, the video file will run smoothly.
- Download and install a registry fixer software (say CCleaner).
- Run the software to fix any registry issues.
Open the affected video file in a media player. If all goes well, the video file will play.
Perform system restore
- Login to your computer as an administrator.
- Click Windows key, then type “system restore.”
- Press Enter to select “Create a restore point”.
- On the “System Protection” tab, click “System Restore.”
5. Click Next, then select the restore point.
6. Confirm disks to restore then click Next.
7. Confirm your restore point and click Finish.
Your PC will restart. Now, open the video file again to make it run correctly.
Update your Windows 10 operating system
- Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
- Click “Update & Security.”
- Under the “Window Update” section, click “Check for updates”.
4. Once the update is installed, “Windows Media Player” and “Movies & TV” issue may no longer exist.
5. Restart your computer when prompted.
Now, check your video file on any media player. This troubleshooting method will surely resolve the error.
Repair the affected video file
- Download and install trial* version ofStellar Repair for Video.
- To add the affected video file for the repairing process, click on “Add File.”
- To repair the added video file, click Repair.
- Click OK on the “Repair process completed” message box.
- Click excel 2010 ole error 800a03ec Preview link to preview the repaired video. If you can see the preview, activate the software to save the repaired file.
- If you can’t see the preview, the video file is likely severely corrupt. So, click “Advance Repair.”
- Click Next to add a sample video of the same format and shot using the same device.
- Click “Save Repaired Files” to save the repaired files at the desired location.
*Trial version of Stellar Repair for Video repairs and previews the repaired video files. Once you’re ascertained its effectiveness, activate the software to save the repaired video files.
Try the trial version now:
Once the video file is repaired, open the file on a media player. The file will play perfectly, video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8. To fix error code 0xc00d5212 on Windows 10 cummings error 285 .MKV file, you can use this video repair software effectively.
We hope the troubleshooting methods shared in this blog will help you fix error code 0xc00d5212 that popped up when you tried playing a video file on a media player viz. Movies & TV or Windows Media Player. One way to circumvent the error is to try a different media player, say VLC that supports a lot of codecs.
If that doesn’t help, then install missing or corrupt codec for the error in your media player, update your PC’s display adapter, and uninstall multiple audio codecs.
Sometimes, converting the .AVI. MOV, or .MKV video format to .MP4 can fix the error. Even rectifying the registry by using a registry repair or cleaner software can resolve the issue. Also, restoring your system to the previous date (when there wasn’t any error) by using a system restore point is always useful. You should also install the latest Windows Update.
Lastly, if the above troubleshooting methods can’t make your video file playable, then there might be severe video file corruption issue. We recommend trying out an expert software for video repair such as Stellar Repair for Video to fix any video corruption problem.
About The Author
Sumona is a tech blogger, avid photographer, & technogeek with vast experience in writing about media file recovery tips and tutorials. She has over 10 years of experience in media file recovery/media file repair technology. She is passionate about Photography, Creative Designing, Music, and Exploring lesser-known destinations.
Best Selling Products
Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows
Stellar Data Recovery has the right Windows Recovery tool for all your data recoveryRead More
Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac
Stellar Data Recovery for Mac program performs safe.
Stellar Photo Recovery
A comprehensive photo recovery software to restore photos, music & video files
Stellar Repair for Video
Powerful video repair tool for repairing corrupt or damaged MOV and other video files
Step 5: Now, click on Next, and then choose restore point.
Step 6: At this step, confirm disks to restore and then click the Next.
Step 7: Lastly, confirm the restore point and then click on Finish. Restart your PC
After finishing the steps, open your video again to make it run properly.
Solution #6: Uninstall the Multiple Audio Codecs
For this, you need to follow the below steps:
- Press Windows key, then type the “device manager” and hit Enter
- Now, double-click on the Sound, video and game controllers. You need to right-click on 3rd party audio device.
- Under Uninstall Device dialog box, you have to choose the “Delete the driver software for this device” checkbox.
- Next click the Uninstall. Then, restart your PC.
- After this, video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8, try playing your video by using Movie & TV and then check whether it works or not.
Solution #7: Correct the Registries
Well, changing the registries on your own may be dangerous as the whole system depends on these registries. So, it is suggested to try the professional software that can do this work for you.
When it comes to PCs, it is all about video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8 things safely. Hence, the professional registry fixer tool can scan the PC for registry entries and corrupt system files. This can take a minute and you’ll be shown the list of stuff that requires to be fixed. Resolve them all immediately.
Solution #8: Changing the Video Format
If you are getting an error “can’t play. This item was encoded in a format not supported 0xc00d5212 (0xc00d5212)” then try to convert you video file format. So, you can convert the video format to another format that will play on (WMP) Windows Media Player without any trouble.
To do so, make use of a safe & secure online converter tool to convert your video files video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8 following these steps:
- Start the conversion tool
- Select the video which is refusing to play from “Choose Files” option
- Then, from the drops down menu, select the right format or “preset” resolution that goes with that of your VDU
- Now, select “Start conversion” button to start the process
- After that, save your converted video files via clicking the “Download”
Why Does An Error Code 0xc00d5212 When Playing Video Occur?
Below I have mentioned the most common causes due to which the error code 0xc00d5212 could occur:
- Old display adapters can result in the video playback error.
- A corrupt codec that restricts the deployed media player to play a video.
- Corrupt entries in Windows 10 system files that can cause misconfiguration.
- Incorrect installation, uninstallation, or settings of an app that hamper its workings.
- Recovery after virus, spyware, or adware attack that corrupted the video file.
- An incompatible file format that is not supported in the media player.
- Improper shutdown of your computer that resulted in the system file corruption.
How to Avoid 0xc00d5212 Error Code?
By following the below precautions you can avoid the 0xc00d5212 error:
- Although converting videos to different formats is necessary sometimes, it is not advisable to make this habitual. This is because using different online converters 10022 error socket exposes your videos to corruption either from the converter tool or from the process itself.
- Always clear your system of virus with an updated video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8 program.
- Before you make any changes to your important video files, make sure you create a back-up of all the files.
- Ensure you don’t play video files on media players that are not supported.
Time to Verdict
Facing an error code 0xc00d5212 when playing video is very common. But I hope after going through the above sections of this blog, you might have noticed how to fix error code 0XC00D5212 – can’t play videos on Windows 10.
Some reasons lead to throwing error code 0XC00D5212 but there is no need to worry. I am saying because with the help of the above solutions you will be easily able to fix error code 0xc00d5212 when playing video.
If nothing works, then simply download Video Repair tool and try out this video repair software to resolve missing codec 0xc00d5212 MKV file with ease.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience, video error 0xc00d5212 windows 8. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.