What is DirectX · Fix this error · Review DirectX system requirements · Update your graphics card · Adjust the screen scale. The installer encountered an unrecoverable error.A desktop session will now be run so that you may investgate the problem or try installing. The installer encountered an unrecoverable error and will now reboot · TRY Ubuntu from USB or CD · Open terminal, and type: sudo apt-get remove.
How to fix issue with hard disk leading to "The installer encountered an unrecoverable error" with Ubuntu 20.04
I'm trying to install Ubuntu 20.04 on an Asus having an SSD (1To) as the only hard disk and I ran into a bunch of issues.
When I thought that the installation ended I got this error message displayed: "We're sorry, the installer crashed. After you this installer encountered an unrecoverable error this window, we'll allow you to file a bug report using the integrated bug reporting tool, this installer encountered an unrecoverable error. This will gather the information about your system and your installation process. The details will be sent to our bug tracker and a developer will attend to the problem as soon as possible." The error message window had the title: "Installer crashed"
Then another error message got displayed: "The system log from your installation contains an error. The specific error commonly occurs when there is an issue with the disk to which you are trying to this installer encountered an unrecoverable error Ubuntu. It is recommended that you back up important data on your disk and investigate the situation. This installer encountered an unrecoverable error you might take include checking cable connections for your disk and using software tools to investigate the health of your hardware." The error message window had no title.
The last error message was: "The installer encountered an unrecoverable error. A desktop session will now be run so that you may investigate the problem or try installing again." The error was under the title "Installation failed."
About the computer:
Name: Zenbook Edition 30 UX334
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-8565U Processor 1.8 GHz (8M Cache, up to 4.6 GHz, this installer encountered an unrecoverable error, 4 cores)
Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620, NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250, 2GB GDDR5
Storage: 1TB M.2 NVMe™ PCIe® 3.0 Performance SSD
Memory: 16GB LPDDR3 on board, Memory Max Up to:16GB
I bought it about 2 years ago and it came with Windows 10, after 5-6 months it started crashing (blue window out of the blue.) and rebooting continuously. Since I had the warranty available I took it to an Azure store and they fixed it. On the "bill" it was written that they replaced the hard disk. And it worked well again. After roughly a year or so it had the same issue again. I thought it was because an update of Windows 10 because when I restored to a previous version it started to work well again, but the same issue happened (blue window, rebooting endlessly). That's why I tried to switch to Ubuntu.
I'd like to ask you what I can do to try figuring out what's happening with this laptop and how to fix it. The second error message suggested to check disk cable connections but I have no idea how to this installer encountered an unrecoverable error it and I'm afraid I'd mess it up if I follow some random youtube tutorial so I'd be happy if someone provided with links they trust. Also, I don't know what software I can use to figure out what's happening with the hard disk and how to "use" this software since I can install no OS on the laptop.
Thank you all for any help ^^
P.S.: I don't have a way to get a live USB with the latest version of Ubuntu but I suppose the issue with my hardware and not the software.
asked Nov 3, 2021 at 12:02
Please answer each of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply (no need to quote this post):
1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?
1b. Was it a brand-new (Dell) computer when you bought it or a used (or Refurbished) computer?
2. What is the full name of your installed anti-virus application or security suite and when (approx. date) does your current subscription expire? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender) are installed? What third-party firewall (if any)?
3. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer?
4. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [pick one] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)
5. Are ALL of the following updates listed in View installed updates (notUpdate History)? 
(a) KB2722913, KB2705219, KB2712808, KB2731847 and possibly KB2736233;
(b) KB2698365, KB2691442, KB2655992 & KB2719985 [or possibly KB2721691];
(c) KB2685939 and possibly KB2686833;
(d) KB2658846, KB2659262, KB2660649, KB2676562, KB2688338 & KB2690533;
(e) KB2644615, KB2633171, KB2393802 and especially KB971029.
6. If Windows Vista Service Pack 2 is listed in View installed updates, when (exact date) was it installed according to Update History (this time)? 
7a. Is Java Version 7 Update 7 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER (ONLY!) => http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
7b. Is Adobe Flash Player v11.4.402.278 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER (ONLY!) => http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/7. Is Firefox, Chrome or any other alternate browser installed?
8. Is Firefox or any other alternate browser installed besides Chrome?
9. Have you ever had occasion to do a Repair Install or a clean install of Windows?
10. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced System Optimizer; CCleaner Registry Cleaner)?
 Start Update History (in left-hand menu)
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002
Was this reply helpful?
canon pixma mp150 error code e42 Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback.
The dominant reason behind getting the error DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error is the corrupted or damaged drivers, this installer encountered an unrecoverable error. It is not the only reason behind it. The other reasons can be incompatible requirements, corrupted files, and outdated DirectX versions. Today we will be discussing all the reasons step-by-step and all possible fixes to this issue in the article.
What Causes For Call Of Duty Warzone Directx Unrecoverable Error?
There is no one reason for getting a DirectX error message. There could be many. We cannot define that this is the only reason behind getting the error.
The reason behind it could be system bugs, missing drivers, outdated or damaged drivers, corrupted game files, connectivity problems, this installer encountered an unrecoverable error, or can be incompatibility issues this installer encountered an unrecoverable error having a different DirectX version than that is required in your game.
How To Fix “Directx Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” in Windows 10:
To fix the issue DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error, you can try doing the following:
- Install The Latest Patch
- Verify The Game Directx System Requirement
- Reinstall The Graphics Card Driver
- Update Graphic Card Driver
- Update Windows To The Latest Build
- Configure The Display Quicktime broadcaster error Settings
- Change Advanced Graphics Options
- Reinstall The Game
- Edit The Registry
- Using Directx Control Panel
- Disable Hardware Monitoring Software
- Delete Games Or Application Cache Files
Fix 01: Install The Latest Patch
From time to time, the developers keep making changes to the game to fix spare bugs and increase the overall user experience, and it is required for the gamer to update all the latest patches with time. Otherwise, it may cause conflicts afterward. So, this installer encountered an unrecoverable error, to fix the issue, try installing the latest updates from the official sites of the game.
Fix 02: Verify The Game Directx System Requirement
It is crucial to check the game DirectX system requirements as it could be a dominant cause in getting the unknown error on your windows system.
To achieve this, follow the below steps:
- Firstly this installer encountered an unrecoverable error need to visit the game developer website.
- On that website, you can locate the system DirectX requirements. Mostly it must be on the bottom of the page or in a separate System requirement hyperlink.
- Now, open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. By searching dxdiag in the Run application.
- Match the DirectX requirement with your system. And if your system DirectX requirement is equal to or above the required parameter. Then proceed with the next step.
And if it is not, you try upgrading to the latest operating system to get the newest DirectX version.
Fix 03: Reinstall The Graphics Card Driver
If you are facing this issue, then you must try reinstalling the graphics card driver.
For reinstalling the graphics card, follow the below steps:
- Open Run Application on your system by searching it over the taskbar or manually using the shortcut keys Windows + R to open it.
- Now, enter dxdiag in the input window and hit enter to open DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the graphics card and manufacturer details displayed on your screen, or note it down in your writing pad.
- Also, note down the operating system version mentioned in the System tab service stopped connection error tversity the System Information in the Tool.
- Next, open the video card manufacturer website and click on the Download drivers or search it for you from the search bar.
- Select the latest version of the video card driver according to the OS version of your system.
- Now, open the Device Manager. You can also use the shortcut Windows + X to open it.
- Locate Display adapters in the device manager and expand it to view more options.
- Select the graphics device driver that you need to reinstall and right-click on it.
- Click on Uninstall. And also, check the dialog box displaying Delete all the driver software for this device and confirm the uninstallation.
- Restart your system, and if any pop-up asking to detect the graphics card driver appears, click Cancel.
Now reinstall the downloaded graphics card driver from the downloads.
Fix 04: Update Graphic Card Driver This installer encountered an unrecoverable error the graphics drivers could help you in case. But when we try manually updating or downloading drivers, it brings an unusual risk. Like we may download some faulty driver that could cause severe damage to the system.
So, all in all, to avoid such issues. What we can do is take some help from the third-party software available for our ease.
For updating the graphic card drivers on our system, this installer encountered an unrecoverable error, we will be using DriverFix. DriverFix is an excellent tool to help you easily download and update the drivers according to the system requirements.
So, to proceed with the below steps, you first need to download DriverFix. Once you download it, you may proceed with the following steps:
- Launch the application, and it will start searching for the driver updates. Now, click on update all or update in front of the graphics card driver from the list.
- Now select Automatically download the driver and click continue to proceed.
As updating the drivers completes. Check if the problem is gone.
Fix 05: Update Windows To The Latest Build
If nothing has helped you so far, then do try updating your system to the latest one.
For updating your windows, follow the instructions below:
- Open Windows settings on your system and click on Windows Update, which must be present on the top right corner of the settings window.
- Now, on the next window, you will see a button saying check for updates. Click on it.
- As you click on the check for updates button, an error occurred while mounting /tmp will start looking for the latest updates. If you find any updates, download them at an instance.
And recheck if this resolved the problem with DirectX or not.
Fix 06: Configure The Display Scaling Settings
If you are still facing problems, then you may try adjusting the DPI settings in your Windows.
To achieve this:
- Right-click on your desktop screen and select the display settings.
- Now in the settings, click on Advanced scaling settings.
- Customize the scaling percentage to 100 and apply the changes.
Note: – If you own Windows 8, then scroll the DPI scale to configure it.
Fix 07: Change Advanced Graphics Options
Configuring the Advanced graphics has helped many to solve the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. And maybe it could help you as well, this installer encountered an unrecoverable error. So, for achieving the same, follow the mentioned steps:
Configuring the graphics card settings:
- Firstly, you will need to go to the control panel of the graphics card.
- Now from there, try reducing the graphics settings to their minimum.
Configuring the In-game graphics settings:
- Most probably, it must be in the options. And then, you can locate the graphics settings and lower all to a minimum accordingly.
Fix 08: Reinstall The Game
Another method that you can try is to reinstall the game again. Reinstalling the game could help you fix 75% of the issues. For the installation, visit the game developer website and reinstall the whole game once again. And see if this repairs the issue DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error.
Fix 09: Edit The Registry
Another option you can try to fix the issue is to edit the registry file.
To edit the registry file, follow the mentioned instructions:
- Firstly, open the Run application by using the Windows + R commands.
- Now in the input window, enter regedit and hit enter.
- It will open the Registry Editor on your system.
- Now navigate to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT folder given under Computer.
- Now in this folder, locate PROTOCOLS and expand it.
- You will get to see another folder named Filter under it. Expand it too.
- And finally, open the text/xml folder.
Together this will be: ComputerHKEY_CLASSES_ROOTPROTOCOLSFiltertext/xml
- Now click on the File tab at the top and click export.
- Enter a new file name, and save the copy of the selected branch.
- Now come back to the text/xml folder and right-click on it, and select delete.
- Press Yes to confirm the deletion and close the Registry editor.
Fix 10: Using DirectX Control Panel
Another thing you could try executing is configuring the DirectX control panel settings for the games. Although, you fulfill all the requirements and have the correct version of DirectX. It is equally crucial to configure the settings for playing the games without any errors.
For this, you will need to first download the control panel setup for DirectX. You can download it according to which operating system version your system supports from the following:
- For the 64 bit OS system – Click here!
- For the 32 bit OS system – Click here!
Once you download the DirectX control panel. You can proceed with the following instructions:
- Set up the DirectX control panel and launch it.
- Now in the DirectX properties, click Edit list.
- Click Add and navigate to your game.
- Select and add your game to the list.
- Go back to the DirectX properties and select the device settings.
- Set the device settings to the highest level limit and save all the changes.
- Restart your computer and launch the game.
Now check if the problem is gone.
Fix 11: Disable Hardware Monitoring Software
In case disabling the hardware monitoring software could help you fix the error. This hardware monitoring software comes with an automated temperature controller and power consumption fixes which can stop the functioning of the game you are trying to play at the instance.
To make sure it is not blocked. Try disabling this hardware monitoring device and then trying relaunching the game. And see if the DirectX error is gone.
Fix 12: Delete Games Or Application Cache Files
At last, to fix the issue DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. What you can do is try deleting all the cache files of the game. Deleting the cache files will free up the unnecessary files reducing the excess load over the game or the application.
For clearing cache files, you will need to obey the following instructions:
- Close your game and go to the folder where you have installed your game or application file.
- Now, locate the cache this installer encountered an unrecoverable error temp folder inside the folder and select all the cache files.
- Delete all the cache files.
- Now relaunch the game and see if now the problem is gone.
How do I fix DirectX when encountering an unrecoverable error?
You can first php on error resume next if your system fulfills all the requirements. If it does this installer encountered an unrecoverable error, try reconfiguring the preferences from the DirectX control panel and updating the drivers.
How do I fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error warzone?
Here if you are encountering this error with a single game only. Then do check all the graphics settings in-game. And try configuring it to a bit this installer encountered an unrecoverable error point. And see if this fixes your issue.
How do I fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error in 2021?
Check if your DirectX version is updated. If it is not, update it by simply upgrading your Windows system to the latest version. It will automatically upgrade to the latest DirectX.
How do I start warzone in DirectX 11?
Possible fixes that you can try are first restarting the launcher and then tcp error code 10061 no connection running it into the DirectX 11 mode, reinstall the graphics drivers, delete all the cache files, and try rebooting your device. Check if any of these works for you.
How to Fix DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error in Windows PC
If you are facing DirectX issues while playing games, then this article is just the one 3rd slave hard disk error windows 7 have been looking for. DirectX is a bundle of rotterdam terrorcore party video download files from Microsoft that help users to play games and use high-end graphics programs for creating and designing, this installer encountered an unrecoverable error. One of the most played battle royale games is Call of Duty Warzone and gamers have often complained about ‘DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error’ issue while playing. Let’s check the best methods that you can use to fix the DirectX problem of Warzone and other games.
How to Fix DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error in Windows PC
Before we jump to the troubleshooting steps, it is recommended to ensure that the minimum hardware requirements published by the game developer match the configuration of your computer. If your system’s hardware falls below the minimum requirement, this installer encountered an unrecoverable error, then np 7161 error 1d should upgrade your hardware first and then try to play the game.
Method 1: Install the Latest Game Patch
All software including apps, games, and OS receives updates to fix bugs and patch anomalies. If you are facing issues while playing any game (provided your hardware is alright), then you need to look for the game updates and install the latest patch. This will automatically fix most errors and issues including ‘DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error’. This can be done via Steam or Epic Game Launcher, or you could check the official website for an updated executable file.
Method 2: Check for Windows Updates
The next method to fix DirectX problems in Warzone or any other game is to update your Windows updates. There is no explanation for this but this step works like a charm for most computers and resolves more than one problem on the PC. Here are the steps to update most of the Windows components and get DirectX’s latest version on your PC.
Step 1: Press Windows + I on your keyboard to open the Settings window.
Step 2: Among the options listen in the Settings window, locate and click on Update & Security.
Step 3: Click on the Check For Updates button to initiate the Windows Update process where it connects to the Microsoft Servers and downloads/installs the latest updates which fixes most issues and errors in your PC.
Method 3: Alter Display Scaling Settings
Another option to fix DirectX problems in Warzone and other games is to modify the This installer encountered an unrecoverable error Scaling Settings. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings and click on the System option.
Step 2: Click on Display in the left panel and under Scale and Layout, choose the 100% recommended option from the drop-down list.
Step 3: The changes are auto-applied. Exit the Settings window and check if the ‘DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error has been resolved.
Method 4: Update DirectX
DirectX is a bundle of system files and can be manually updated if you do not want to update them through the time and bandwidth-consuming Windows update. To resolve DirectX, you need to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Check the required DirectX version on Steam or Game’s official website.
The first step is to identify the required DirectX version of the game, you wish to play by visiting the official website or on Steam. You can also try to Google this information too.
Step 2: Check the DirectX version installed on your computer.
The next step is to identify the DirectX version installed in your system and compare it with the DirectX latest version available on the Microsoft website. Here are the steps:
- Press Windows + R to open the RUN box.
- Type dxdiag in the text box followed by Enter key.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will open where you have to click on the System tab.
- Check the DirectX version installed on your PC in this window.
Step 3: Download and install DirectX’s latest version on your computer.
If the Direct X version required for playing the game in Step 1 is higher than what you have identified in Step 2, then it is time to update the DirectX to the latest version.
DirectX is primarily available through Windows Updates but you can also download the setup from the Microsoft official link. More information on Direct X can be obtained from Microsoft Website.
The Final Word On How to Fix DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error in Windows PC
That concludes the resolutions that can solve ‘DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error’ and allow gamers to continue their gaming experience without any more flaws and faults. Most of the users on gaming forums have reported that the DirectX problem Warzone and other games were resolved by updating DirectX to the latest version via Windows Updates. Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.