The problem is not corrected by hardware. A hard machine check is one that cannot be corrected or circumvented, so the software recovery routines are given. The Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) error Machine Check Exception, appears when your system fails to load or recognize any installed hardware or software. www.youtube.com › watch.
watch the thematic videoCómo reparar el error de pantalla azul de la muerte “Machine Check Exception”
[SOLVED] MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION BSOD in Windows 10
MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION can occur in any versions of Windows operating system even the new Windows 10. Windows show the error in a Blue Screen of Death(BSoD) that can hamper your works on PC suddenly. Therefore, it’s crucial to know how to fix MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION.
Go with the following methods, you would know how to fix MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION in a second.
Fixes for ‘Machine Check Exception’:
- Unplug your DVD and additional hardware
- Repair Windows OS with Reimage
- Update your drivers
- Use System Restore
Fix 1: Unplug your DVD and additional hardware
Basically, MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION is a type of a computer hardware error, and mostly it occurs suddenly. Therefore, if you added any DVD or other hardware, machine check error, please disconnect it. Then see, If you still face MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION.
Fix 2: Repair Windows OS with Reimage
If you’d like to get your computer back to its working state ASAP, you can use Reimage, a powerful tool that specializes in Windows repair.
Reimage will compare your current Windows OS to a brand new and functioning system, then remove and replace all the damaged files with fresh Windows files and components from its continuously updated online database that contains vast repository of system services & files, registry values, dynamic link libraries and other components of a fresh Windows installation.
After the repair process is done, Your PC’s performance, stability and security will be restored and improved.
To fix this Windows BSOD issue with Reimage, follow the steps below:
- Download Reimage.
- Install and launch Reimage.You’ll be asked to run a free scan of your computer. Click Yes to continue.
- Wait for Reimage to scan your PC. This may take a few minutes.
- After the scanning process completed, Reimage will provide you with the PC scan summary.
If there’s any issue, then click the START REPAIR button on the lower-right corner, and with just one click, machine check error, reimage will start repair the Windows OS on your computer.
Note: This is a paid service with 60-day Money-Back Guarantee, which means that you’ll need to buy the full version to start repair.
Fix 3: Update your drivers
MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION BSoD are often caused by incompatible or outdated drivers. And many Users confirmed that updating their drivers fixed the problem for them. So be sure to try update your drivers to fix MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION.
To update device drivers, you can download the latest one from the manufacturer’s website and install on your computer. If you’re not confident playing around with drivers manually, or if you want to save much more time, you can use Driver Easy to do it automatically.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan machine check error computer and detect any problem drivers.
- In the Free Version, Driver Easy will show you the latest display driver you’ll need to install. And you can update the drivers one by one using the Update button. But if you upgrade to the PRO Version, you can update all your drivers with one click — Update All.
Fix 4: Use System Restore
MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION can also be probably because of recent changes that you made in your PC, machine check error. Here we can use System Restore to make computer recover from bad program installs or updates to a previous point when you had not faced this error.
See How to do System Restore.
(Note: The way is introduced for Windows 10 but also suitable for other systems)
After finish doing System Restore, check if MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION still occur.
12 people found this helpful
Step 1: Launch Recoverit Data Recovery
- Download and Install the Recoverit Data Recovery tool on your computer.
- Search for the tool in your search bar and click on it to open the tool.
Step 2: Select the Location
Once the program is launched, use it to select the location on your computer from where you want to recover your data:
- Choose a hard drive from the "Hard disk drive" or any other location on your computer.
- Click on "Start".
Step 3: Scan Selected Location
Recoverit enables auto scan of the selected location which may differ from minutes to hours based on the size of the files available in the location:
This tool gives two user-friendly options:
Pinpoint files during the scan
Using this feature, you can apply the machine check error available on the right side of the UI which helps you in easily recovering the files that you have missed.
- Show files: Displays all types of files
- File type: Applies filter and display specific types of files.
- System file: To show or hide system files.
- File Size: To filter out the files as per their sizes or specific file sizes (For Example File size from 100MB to 500 MB).
- Date Modified: To filter the files as per the date they are modified.
Pause or Stop Scanning
Recoverit Data Recovery tool gives one of the biggest advantages to pause or stop the auto scan in the middle though Recoverit starts the scan automatically.
- If you wish to stop the scan for a while, click on the "Pause" button and continue the process by clicking the "play" button available.
- If you wish to stop the scan completely click on the "Stop" button to stop the scan. If you have found the file that you have missed while performing the above-mentioned methods, click on "Stop" to stop the process.
Step 4: Preview Files
Recoverit Data Recovery tool also provides a user-friendly option of Preview. This option allows you to check whether the file is what you are searching for before recovering it.
Once you find the preview of files, you have options to view the file on full screen, zoom in, and zoom out the files.
Using the preview feature, you can view all the files that were listed during the scan. Machine check error you have found the file that you have been searching to take a break and click on the "Recover" button available in the tool.
It will ask for the location where you want to save the recovered file.
It is always advisable, if you can save that recovered files in external storage like USB or Hard drives there will be a backup available for you.
The Bottom Line
This article has provided a comprehensive list machine check error methods that can be followed to fix the stop code machine check exception error in Windows 10, machine check error. Follow any of the 14 methods discussed above and if one method doesn't work the other methods can work and fix the error and ensure the smooth working of your computer.
Once the error has been fixed by any of the above-mentioned methods, you can recover your lost data (if any) using the Recoverit Data Recovery tool. As Machine check exception error sometimes crashes your computer, there is a very high chance that your data may be lost. In such cases, the Recoverit Data recovery tool can be used to recover all the lost machine check error easily.
Download machine check error "Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal Machine check or Machine Check Exception (MCE)" in /var/log/messages Sometimes there are traces in the /var/log/messages: There could also be error records in the /var/mcelog as the below:
Sometimes there are traces in the /var/log/messages:
There could also be error records in the /var/mcelog as the below: