Please try to uncheck 'Do not save encrypted pages to disk' in 'Internet Options'. (Open IE->go to 'Tools'->'Advanced'->find 'Security' from the. format error: not a PDF or corrupted. Workaround. Option 1. Instead of opening PDF within a browser, choose Save first and then. Hi, We are on Odoo 10 Enterprise Edition. * On a new install, when printing any PDF report, we are getting the error: Format error: Not a PDF or corrupted.
Thematic videoHow to Repair corrupted pdf file - How to Repair damage pdf file free online - PDF file corrupt Support
Read time 8 minutes
“While trying to open a PDF file in Acrobat Reader, it is showing me with the error stating ‘Format Error: not a PDF or corrupted.’ I am not certain why it is happening all of a sudden, but I am quite afraid of losing my precious file. Someone please help me with this and suggest me a way to get my file back healthy and without error.”
Sometimes in adobe due to missing updates errors like “document could not be saved adobe reader error 110” can happen. So keep trying to have updates regularly.
In the above ohaus cd-11 error 14 query, the user is facing a PDF file error. As we know that PDF is the main source of document transfer in organisations these days, it holds a certain importance. Hence, it becomes very important to fix any type of error showing up and also to save the file from any type of loss.
Reasons of facing “Format Error: not a PDF or corrupted
There can be many reasons why you are facing the “Format Error: not a PDF or corrupted.” By reading the message, format error not a pdf or corrupted, it can be understood that either the PDF file is not genuine or is corrupted or damaged by any means.
- Damaged or broken PDF file due to incomplete download or transfer.
- Damaged Adobe Reader.
- Outdated version of Adobe PDF Reader.
- Virus attack.
- Network or browser issues
- Abrupt application/system shutdown
- Improper system, file, or program handling practices by user.
- Corruption in the PDF file.
All of the above-mentioned reasons can lead to this error, and most of them are quite avoidable. But, corruption is the worst and the most dangerous of all and can be a serious threat to your file.
As primary solutions, you can check the internet connection, browser compatibility, perform system reboot and antivirus scan as trials to fix the issue.
Read Also:A Simple Way to Repair Adobe PDF Files
Fixes for “Format Error: not a PDF or corrupted”
As we promised, we are going to list the most reliable and secure ways to fix this error. There are not many trusted ways with which you can fix this error, hence we are going to mention some tricks and solutions.
- Get the file again
- Repair Adobe Reader
If you received the PDF file which is showing the error, in an email, then there are chances that something went wrong while decoding it. So, it is suggested that you delete that file permanently from your system and download it again. Similarly, if you have downloaded or transferred that PDF file from any other source, then there are chances that the process was incomplete that left the file broken. So, in that case too, it is suggested that you delete the file permanently and download it again.
This error may also indicate that the program you are using to open the PDF file, i.e., Adobe Reader is damaged. So, in this case, it is recommended to fix the Adobe reader first and then try to open the file again. To repair the program, follow the steps mentioned below:
- In Windows, click on the Start button and look for the Control Panel and open it.
- There, click on the Programs and Features.
- In the Uninstall or change a program section, go to the Adobe Acrobat Reader and make a right click. Now select Change as the option to move forward.
- Finally, click on the Repair Program Installation option to fix it.
- Once the repair process is done, restart the system and try to open the file error code = 2 may surely fix the issue if it was arising due to the damaged Adobe Reader.
- Reinstall Adobe Acrobat Reader Again
It may also happen that the version of the Adobe Reader is outdated. In this case, it is suggested to uninstall the program and install the latest version of it, format error not a pdf or corrupted. To do this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Start with opening the Control Panel on your system.
- Now, click on the Programs and Features option.
- In the Uninstall or change a program section look for the Adobe Acrobat Reader, make a right click and select Uninstall.
- Once the uninstalling process is done, restart the system.
- Once the system is started again, install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it from the Adobe website.
Once you have performed all of the steps properly, try opening the file again and see if you still encounter the error.
- Fix the error with professional tool
Your answer to restore entire corrupt PDF file is PDF file repair software, the final way to fix this error is by repairing the PDF file with Kernel for PDF Repair. Doing so will fix the error. This tool is so powerful that it has no limitation of file number and size and also fixes the severe types of corruption in the file. In just a few simple steps, your corrupt PDF file(s) will be fixed and you will end up with a healthy and working piece of PDF file. This tool does not interfere with the quality of the PDF file and also recovers it with all its objects. If you still have your doubts, you can repair and open the PDF file for free with the trial version of the tool. To save the repaired file, you need to purchase the tool from the website.
Let us go through the tool’s process once to get a fair idea of the tool. Before proceeding with the tool’s demonstration, we would like to suggest you download the tool from the website. Make sure you install it properly and then run it on your system to proceed with the below-mentioned steps.
- Start with clicking on the Select File(s) option and add a single or multiple PDF files.
- Once the files are added, click on the Repair button to proceed with the repairing process. You can remove unwanted files by selecting files and clicking on the Remove File(s) option.
- Now, the tool will start repairing files and you get the live updates of it on your screen. Once the process is over, you will have your healthy PDF file(s).
To access the repaired PDF files folder, just click on the blue highlighted link and it will redirect you to the folder containing the repaired files.
The three step process mentioned above is no shortcut, it is all you need to follow to fix PDF file errors.
In this blog, we discussed “Format Error: not a PDF or corrupted” faced by users while opening a PDF file. We first tried to know the reasons behind this error and got to know that corruption is the major reason that leads to this error. So, after trying a few hacks and tricks, we used this tool to fix the corruption in the PDF file. We decided to use this automated tool, as it is the most reliable and the quickest way to do so. After using this tool the corruption was fixed and we were finally able to open format error not a pdf or corrupted file without any error. Hope this blog helped you to fix the error.
How to Encounter Format Error: not a PDF or corrupted?
Have you ever been in a situation where all of a sudden your PDF file doesn’t respond and receives “not a PDF or corrupted” message again and again? If yes, then this article is especially for you, format error not a pdf or corrupted, so read the whole article carefully and apply these solutions in order to solve this problem.
Many users once in a while encountered the PDF corruption in their daily life that doesn’t allow them to access the file by stating these lines in the message: ‘There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired‘.
Also, Read – How to Add Signature in PDF
This is a nerve-racking situation for any user as they may have some important or crucial data present in that PDF file which is now impossible to access. As the corrupt PDF file blocks the user to view multimedia or graphics contents available in that PDF file and you can access only the written information or even blank page. So we can conclude that if you are receiving an error message on your screen then your PDF file is either damaged or got corrupted. In this article, we will discuss the different methods and reasons behind this error. So let’s get started with the reasons for getting PDF corrupted.
The reason behind Error “not a PDF or Corrupted”
– Some of the common reasons behind getting the PDF corrupted are written below-
1. If your PDF documents get attacked by the Virus.
2. If you have downloaded the incomplete PDF document in poor internet connectivity or download the long PDF document which is prone to corruption.
3. Or if you shut down your system in an improper way or immediately abort the application, an inaccurate way to download or upload the PDF file, etc. will lead to corruption in the PDF file.
Manual Remedies for solving PDF file is damaged and could not be repaired Issue
- Decrypt the PDF Files while sending them with an email.
In this type of condition, you should delete the PDF file and then again perform the process of the download.
- Use new version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Sometimes users use the older version of the reader for viewing PDF files. So it is necessary for the user to re-install Adobe Reader by using the steps that are written below:
- First, format error not a pdf or corrupted, tap on the Start button
- Then, click on the Control panel
- After that, browse the Adobe Reader and put the Right-tap on it
- Now, Tap on the option of Uninstall and perform the process of uninstalling the reader.
- Then reboot the system through format error not a pdf or corrupted it
- Then, visit the official website of Adobe and install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Finally, you can open the PDF file
Case 3: if the Adobe Reader Program is damaged
If your Adobe Reader got damaged then it can be one of the reasons that the PDF file is unable to open. Therefore, you need to repair Adobe Reader. You can repair the reader by following these steps:
- First, visit the Control Panel
- Then, format error not a pdf or corrupted, search the Adobe or Acrobat Reader
- After that, format error not a pdf or corrupted, tap on the Help option
- Finally, tap on the Repair Program Installation option
If still you are unable to perform these methods or you want something more quick and simple then you can use the third-party tool to fix this error.
This blog will help you in solving the issue of “not a PDF or corrupted”
in a simple and easy manner. All you have to do is just follow these methods and you format error not a pdf or corrupted get the result. As manual methods are complex in nature and take a lot of time therefore, you can rely on the alternative tool that is designed with a smart algorithm and is a user-friendly tool.
About The Author
After working as digital marketing consultant for 4 years Deepak decided to leave and start his eyboard error or no keyboard present Business. To know more about Deepak, find him on Facebook, LinkedIn now.
“Got some PDF files yesterday but when I open them the error message i.e.: “Format error: not a PDF or corrupted” got displayed. I was surprised to see such error message and thought hope it was not a virus file as attached PDF. After some format error not a pdf or corrupted, I consult with my friend he suggested me to recover Adobe PDF file. I tried but could not find the reliable solution. Can anyone suggest some alternative method to resolve this error? Thanks in Advance!!”
There are several error messages that pop-up while opening PDF files. But, the most common error which user’s face is “Format error: not a PDF or corrupted”. This issue format error not a pdf or corrupted occurs when a user tries to get access to damage PDF documents. When files get corrupted then it becomes difficult for the user to open them or they met with error messages.
Different Types of PDF Error Messages
The most common type of error that a user has to face is described as follows:
The root object is invalid or missing
There was an error processing this page
The file is damaged or corrupted
Format error- Not a PDF File or Corrupted
There was an error opening this document. Access Denied
It contains info not understood by the viewer
The PDF file is displaying the error message that “file is corrupt or damaged”.
“Format error: not a PDF or corrupted” – Causes
There are several reasons due to which this error prompt. Some of the main reasons are mentioned below along with their proper solutions.
Case 1: Decoding of PDF Files when it was sent with an email.
Solution: In such cases, the best solution is to delete PDF permanently and then download it again.
Case 2: Having Old Version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Solution: It might be possible that reader which is used for viewing PDF is of the old version. Then, in such circumstances re-install Adobe Reader by using these steps:
- Click on Start button
- Hit the Control panel
- Search Adobe Reader and Right click on it
- Click on Uninstall option and uninstall the reader completely
- After that reboot the system by restarting it
- Now, Install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader from the official website of Adobe
- Then, open PDF file
Case 3: Damage Adobe Reader Program
Solution: May be Adobe Reader got damaged, due to which it could not open PDF files. Hence, it is needed to repair Adobe Reader. For this user have to follow some useful steps:
- Go to Control Panel
- Locate, Adobe or Acrobat Reader
- Click on Help option
- After that click on Repair Program Installation option
Note: If the user still cannot open the PDF file and encounter the error message then, format error not a pdf or corrupted, it is recommended to use third party software to fix the error.
Professional Solution to Fix “Format error: not a PDF or corrupted”
Nowadays everyone looks for saving time and money. Hence, they search for the third-party solution which provides accurate and guaranteed results. One such efficient solution is PDF Document Repair Tool. This software easily resolves the “Format error: not a PDF or corrupted” error message by repairing PDF file. Moreover, it is one of the trusted third-party tools that repair PDF components without any data loss.
Many time, the normal Adobe users have to face the error messages when they try to open PDF files. In this article, we have discussed one such error i.e. “Format error: not a PDF or corrupted”. Moreover, to resolve the error we have also described both manual as well as the automated solution. However, if the user encounters this error message and wants to fix it quickly, then he/she can take help of this software.