I have a big red error and "unable to open file C:\RECOVERY. DAT" when I try to start my Windows Vista (Windows Recovery Environment) restore Partition on. First, make sure the Recovery partition is NOT marked active. When you boot the cd you make from that - make sure NUM LOCK on your keyboard is. windowsforum.com › Windows 7 Forums › Windows 7 Help and Support.
Much regret: Error can not open recovery.dat
|Error can not open recovery.dat|
|S5570 UNKNOWN ERROR 0 RC=0|
|CENTOS 6.2 KERNELL ERROR|
|Zte mf112 cms error 500|
|SMP MACHINE CHECK ERROR|
How to Recover .dat Files
A whole host of different applications and even operating systems can generate files with a .dat file extension. Some examples include multimedia software, storage cleaning, and optimization tools, e-mail attachments, browser cache/downloads, etc. They can even represent incomplete audio, video, image, or text files since they can store text or binary information. This is mainly why they’re so frequently accidentally deleted, error can not open recovery.dat, erased or hidden by malware, or wiped by whatever created them. Thankfully, you can reverse that by learning how to recover .dat files. Let’s begin.
1. Repair .dat files via disk utility
In most cases. dat files are either deleted, hidden, or blocked from executing by the application or operating system, or simply corrupted, error can not open recovery.dat. Whatever the case defy + error codes be, you’d save a lot of time by running a disk check-up, which will automatically error can not open recovery.dat problematic files. dat ones included. Then, you can follow method 4. Here’s how repairing .dat files via disk utility works:
On Windows, use the set of steps we mentioned under the headline Use a disk error check to fix a corrupted USB drive in our “recovering hidden files from pendrive” guide. You can also run a Windows System File Checker utility by typing sfc /scannow in step 3.
Here’s how to run a disk check-up on Mac:
- Open the Disk Utility app by opening Launchpad and typing “disk utility”.
- Click on View > Show All Devices in the top left corner.
- Select a volume with .dat files in the sidebar, then click error can not open recovery.dat First Aid button.
- Click on Run, follow the brief on-screen instructions, and when the scan is complete, click on Done.
- Repeat the same for all volumes that are affected by .dat file loss. Do the same for containers or storage devices, if needed.
2. Recover .dat files by reverting to a previous system state
Since this is also a way to restore .bak files you can follow method 1 in that guide on both Windows and Mac. For Windows 10, you might also benefit from our “deleted folder recovery in Windows 10” guide. For this to work, the folder the .dat files are located in must be included in the Windows 10 backup. Skip the method under the last headline, since that’s up next.
3. Recover .dat files via data recovery program
If you don’t have a Mac or Windows backup, follow the same instructions outlined in method 2 of the unmatched data error mql4 file recovery” guide we mentioned. Keep in mind that they won’t have an icon error padding auto can’t be previewed. Also, the files won’t be sorted into specific categories. For that reason, you can find them listed under “Lost Files”, “Raw Lost Files”, or “Special Lost Files” for EaseUS Data Recovery Error can not open recovery.dat. For both Piriform Recuva and UnDeleteMyFiles Pro, you must spot them manually and put a checkmark in front of their names before restoration.
4. Recovering .dat files by converting or extracting
Since .dat files often require the original application to load and recognize the text or binary data, you can’t open them directly. So, here’s how to decide which steps unexpected error occured when running game take:
1. I recognize names of .dat files
Great! Look up the application it belongs to, and navigate to its installation folder. Then, copy .dat files to the main folder or the designated subfolder or and try to load them within the application. Alternatively, rename the .dat file extension to match the extension of the application that generated them.
2. I don’t know what generated .dat files
Not an issue. There are a few more ways to recover .dat files:
- Online conversion. Find any website that can convert files with .dat file extensions. Unfortunately, they’re frequently limited to text and multimedia files. Some formats include audio (.mp3), error can not open recovery.dat, video (.mp4), document (.doc. docx. csv. xml. txt. pdf), image (.jpg. png), error can not open recovery.dat, archive (.zip), or CAD drawing (.dxf).
- Dedicated software. Third-party software can accelerate .dat file conversion, but has similar limitations. We’re not affiliated with them, but a good example error can not open recovery.dat Movavi DAT Converter. It can transform them into .mp4. avi. mov. mkv. wmv. mpeg. mp3. flac, ,jpeg, and .png.
- Online extraction. Extraction of .dat file data into a familiar file format works when they’re sent or received via e-mail attachments. To extract files, use an online tool such as www.winmaildat.com.
Use these instructions to manually recover the central model of a workshared file that has become corrupt.
Revit stores central model backup information in a folder called <Central-file-name>_backup.
This step ensures that the Restore Backup process does not attempt to access the corrupt model stored in the original location.
- Start Revit.
- Click Collaborate tabSynchronize panel (Restore Backup).
- In the Browse for Folder dialog, navigate to the copy of the backup folder for the central model (created in step 2), and click Open.
If a dialog displays the message "Can't find project file <file_name>. Do you want to attempt recovery?," click Yes.
- In the Project Backup Versions dialog, select the version you want to use when recovering your file.
- Click Save As (do not use the Save command), and save the file using a different name.
- If a dialog asks if you want to open the file, click No.
- Close the Project Backup Versions dialog.
- Click File tab Open (Project).
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the restored model, select the Audit error 10053 localhost, and click Open.
The Audit option scans, detects, and fixes corrupt elements in the model. When using this option, it may take some time to open the file.
- Click Manage tabSettings panel (Purge Unused).
Purging unused items from the project makes it smaller and faster to open. Some of the unused removed items may contain small corruptions that have the potential of contributing to future problems.
- Close the file, and exit Revit, error can not open recovery.dat.
This step ensures that an overly-full Temp directory is not the cause of low disk space issues. It also forces Revit to create new versions of some files stored in Temp, thus ensuring that old files with potential corruptions are not carried forward.
- On your Windows Desktop, error can not open recovery.dat, open Windows Explorer. In the address bar, type to navigate to the Temp directory.
- Delete as many files as possible from the Temp directory.
You will not be able to delete some files that are in use by other applications on your computer. The files that you delete will be automatically recreated as needed.
Similar to the effect of cleaning out the Temp directory, this step forces Revit to create new versions of the project files.
[KB7160] Decrypt a Managed system that is unable to start Windows
ESET Endpoint Encryption (EEE) Client and EEE Server are separate products from ESET Full Disk Encryption (EFDE)
The article below applies only to the EEE Client or EEE Server and not EFDE.
Visit What's new in ESET Full Disk Encryption to view EFDE content.
- After entering the correct FDE credentials, Windows fails to boot and you cannot log in to Windows
Decrypt managed workstation
An Administrator can decrypt a Managed Workstation using the FDE Admin password instead of generating the FDE Recovery Data File (DLPRecovery_*.dat) file.
Back up your existing hard drive before attempting recovery
Make sure a full sector-by-sector backup of the existing hard drive has been created before attempting recovery.
Obtaining the FDE Recovery Data File
- Select the Workstation you need to decrypt from the EEE Server Workstation list and click Details.
- Click Tools, select FDE Recovery and click Recovery File.
- Type a password into both fields to protect the decryption file and then click Download. This password will be required to start the decryption process later.
- Your browser will prompt you to download the generated file. Select a location to save the file.
Using the ESET Encryption Recovery Media Creator
- Insert an empty USB drive into your computer.
Ensure that the USB device has a FAT32 formatted partition. The partition is required to set up the ESET Recovery Media Creator.
- Download the ESET Encryption Recovery Utility.
- Run the utility and click Next to continue.
- Select the desired language to continue.
- Select the option to Decrypt all encrypted disks (managed recovery file).
© 1992 - :year ESET, spol. s r.o. - All rights reserved. Trademarks used therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of ESET, spol. s r.o. or ESET North America. All error 017 undefined symbol dialogid names and brands are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
How to Fix Issues with Org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat (Free Download)
Org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat is considered a type of Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file. Dynamic Link Library files, like org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat, are essentially a "guide book" that stores information and instructions for executable (EXE) files - like MpSigStub.exe - to follow. These files were created so that multiple programs (eg. OpenOffice.org Portable) could share the same org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat file, saving valuable memory allocation, therefore making your computer run more efficiently.
Unfortunately, what makes DLL files so convenient and efficient, error can not open recovery.dat, also makes them extremely vulnerable to problems. If something happens to a shared DAT file, either it goes missing or gets corrupted in some way, it can generate a "runtime" error message. Runtime is pretty self-explanatory; it means that these errors are triggered when org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat is attempted to be loaded either when OpenOffice.org Portable is starting up, or in some cases already running. Some of the most common org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat errors include:
- Access Violation at address - org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat.
- Org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat could not be found.
- Cannot find C:\OpenOfficePortable\Data\settings\user\registry\cache\org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat.
- Cannot register org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat.
- Cannot start OpenOffice.org Portable. A required component is missing: org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat. Please install OpenOffice.org Portable again.
- Failed to load org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat.
- The application has failed to start because org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat was not found.
- The file org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat is missing or corrupt.
- This application failed to start because org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Your org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat file could be missing due to accidental deletion, uninstalled as a shared file of another program (shared with OpenOffice.org Portable), or deleted by a malware infection. Furthermore, org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat file corruption could be caused from a power outage when loading OpenOffice.org Portable, system crash while loading org.openoffice.Office.Recovery.dat, bad sectors on your storage media (usually your primary hard drive), or quite commonly, error can not open recovery.dat, a malware infection. Thus, error can not open recovery.dat, it's critical to make sure your anti-virus is kept up-to-date and scanning regularly.
- Then, click on Next, and then choose restore point.
- At this step, confirm disks to restore and then click the Next.
- Lastly, confirm the restore point and then click on Finish. Restart your PC
Now, try to open your video again to make it run properly
What Causes DAT Files To Become Corrupted?
There are several reasons due to which your .dat videos get corrupted. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The header of the .dat file could have been corrupted or altered
- Transfer or copy process of the .dat video file was halted in between
- The DAT file has been attacked by the malware
- Video File corruption while conversion, editing or processing
- Any conflicts in the commands while playing the video
Apart from that, there could be other several reasons for a .dat video corruption or damage issue. But, you can easily solve this file corruption problem using .dat video file repair software that I already mentioned above.
How Do I Recover A .Dat Video File?
Well, you can recover your .dat video file using the best professional Video Recovery software. With the help of this, you can effortlessly restore deleted, corrupted, missing, formatted and inaccessible videos, photos, and audios from any digital devices.
To recover corrupted or deleted .dat video fileswe recommend this tool:
This software will restore data from corrupted, formatted, encrypted storage media and works in all data loss situations. Now recover your lost and deleted data in 3 easy steps:
- Download this Media File Recovery Tool rated Excellent on Pcmag.com.
- Select the storage media from which you want to restore the media files & click Scan.
- Preview the recoverable files, select the items you want to recover and click Recover to save the files at desired location.
This application uses its powerful scanning algorithm to locate and recover the files. It is safe, secure and easy to use. So, download, install and try the step by step guide of this recovery tool to retrieve lost .dat videos.
The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How Do You Open A DAT File?
To open the DAT files, in Windows you have to right-click the DAT file that you need to open. After this, click on “Open With” command. Under “Open With” window, simply select the text editor that you want to use. Then tap the “OK” button.
What Software Opens .Dat Files?
You should try opening your DAT video file in the general program such as VLC Media Player can open most video file extensions.
How Do I Convert A DAT File To JPEG?
Well, you can convert your DAT file to JPEG by following the below steps:
- Firstly, click mysql timeout error occurred trying to start “Add Files” to select the DAT files.
- Next, select one or more DAT video files that you need to convert, then click on Open.
- Now, click on the combo-box of output format and then choose “to JPG (image sequence)”.
Can I Delete .Dat Files?
YES, DAT files can be deleted by trying the below-mentioned steps:
- First, right-click the “Start” button, then select the “Search.”
- Next, type the “.dat” into blank “file name” field. When you search, this will limit the results to any file with “.dat” in its name.
- Select the drive in which to search the .dat videos by using the “Look in” drop-down menu. Usually, if you’re using a PC that is not connected to any network drive, the most common place for the DAT files will be the local hard drives.
- After that, click the “Search” button, error can not open recovery.dat. The number of files on the drive that you are searching, as well as the speed of your system, will affect the length of the search time.
- Click once on the “Type” header after the search has completed. This will sort the file types alphabetically and make it easier to find the DAT files.
- Choose the DAT file by clicking once on it, or select multiple DAT files by clicking once on each file while holding down the “Control” (Ctrl) Press the “Delete” (Del) key once to remove the selected files.
Are .Dat Files Dangerous?
YES, the .dat files are dangerous to the computer system and your privacy this is because .dat does not indicate that your system is virus-infected. It can be an essential system file or a file installed by harmless legitimate software and therefore may not pose any threat to your privacy and the system.
Time to Verdict
Here in this article, I tried my best to provide ample information about how to repair corrupt DAT video file. I Hope the above-mentioned solutions worked for you in fixing your .dat video files. But, if you want to repair DAT video file instantly then you can try the best .dat video file repair software to do so.
Apart from that, I have also mentioned the causes behind the .dat file corruption issue with the effective methods to resolve this problem.
In case due to .dat file corruption, error can not open recovery.dat, if you ever find that your data gets deleted then you can try the aforementioned Video recovery tool to recover those deleted video files effectively.
Taposhi is an expert technical writer with 5+ years of experience. Her in-depth knowledge about data recovery and fascination to explore new DIY tools & technologies have helped many. She has a great interest in photography and loves to share photography tips and tricks with others.