In this article, we have segregated the fixes that might help you fix the DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error. Step 7: Select the. www.techpout.com › Driver Updater. If your system displays the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error message it can be due to incompatibility of the game with the.
[Fixed] DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error
Call of Duty still remains one of the preferences for diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error. But some users reported the error DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error as they tried launching the games like Call of Duty. Although the issue is fixable it can piss off the gamers by interrupting and hampering the gameplay. The error can be due to DirectX on your device, improper system specifications, or other errors that are addressed in the section below. It can be difficult to find the reason behind the error by merely seeing it. Therefore, apply the fixes to address and solve the error to enjoy uninterrupted gaming.
If you are also among the users searching for solutions to the DirectX has encountered an unresponsive error, you are on the right page. The article below provides the best possible solutions to resolve DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error on Windows 10, 11, 8, or 7. Go through the list and find the one that works for your device.
How to Fix DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error Windows 7, 8, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, 10, and 11
Here we have mentioned the sure short fixes to resolve DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error on your Windows device. You don’t need to apply all the solutions, apply these fixes one at a time until the exact solution for your device is found.
Solution 1: Check System Requirements
If your system displays the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error message it can be due to incompatibility of the game with the specifications of your device. We have listed the minimum and recommended requirements for Call of Duty and other similar games.
Minimum Requirements for COD
- Operating System: Windows 7 (64 Bit) or above
- CPU: Intel Core i3 3225, equivalent or above
- Hard Disk (HDD): 52 scanner error hp GB space or more
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 @ 2 GB or GTX 1050, AMD Radeon HD 7850 @ 2GB
- Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX
- DirectX: 11.0 compatible video card version, equivalent or above.
- Network: Broadband connection
Recommended Requirements for COD
- Operating System: Windows 10 or 11
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2400/ AMD Ryzen R5 1600X
- Hard Disk (HDD): 25 GB space or more
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GTX 1060 @ 6 GB or AMD Radeon R9 390/ AMD RX 580
- Sound Card: Compatible with DirectX
- DirectX: 11.0 compatible video card version, equivalent or above.
- Network: Broadband connection
If the issue doesn’t lie within your system specification, and DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error persists, try the next fix.
Also Read: How to Fix Battlefield 2042 DirectX Errors
Solution 2: Install the Recent Patch of the Game
If your game has any pending updates it can lead to DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error on Windows 8,7, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, 10, or 11. Check for due updates on the official website of the game manufacturer. Download the latest build and install it by following the instructions displayed on astral terror - ayahuasca shamans screen.
Restart your device and launch the game again. If the latest build could not fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error proceed with the following fixes.
Solution 3: Update Driver for Graphics Card
The most important driver to have perfect gameplay is the Graphics card driver. If your drivers are corrupted, missing, or outdated your system can display DirectX encountered an undiscoverable error. To resolve the error, update your Graphics drivers manually from the website or automatically by using driver updater software.
Manual download from the official website will require technical knowledge and time. Therefore, this might not be the perfect option statement allocation error dbi perl go for all users. The automatic method to update drivers is by using Bit Driver Updater. You can update graphics and all the other drivers with a single click by using this tool. Moreover, schedule driver updates at your convenient time. Restore and backup driver data with improved PC performance. All these features and a bunch of others can be unlocked with the Pro version of the tool.
Here are the simple steps to download the driver updater tool Bit driver Updater and use it to update graphics and other drivers.
Step 1: Download and install the software from the download button.
Step 2: double click to run the software once installed and begin outdated driver scan on your device by the Scan drivers option.
Step 3: Find the Graphics driver once the list of pending driver visual studia code error is displayed and click on Update Now option to download the latest version.
Step 4: If you wish to download all the driver updates at once use the Update All option present for the pro users of the software. Alternatively, if you have a free version manually update each of them by using Update now option.
Step 5: Go through the instructions and apply them to install the downloaded driver file of the Graphics driver.
Once the updates are installed Restart your Windows device and check if the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error is still displayed try the next alternative.
Also Read: How to Fix Valorant ‘Graphics Driver Crashed’ Error
Solution 4: Update Version of DirectX
The DirectX error can be due to an outdated version and incompatibility of the version with your game. Therefore, downloading the update to recover DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Use the following steps
Step 1: Identify the requirements of the DirectX version to run the game. This can be found on the official website, for example, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, COD DirectX 11 is required on your device.
Step 2: Now match this requirement with the current version of DirectX on your device. Here is how you can do it
- Use Windows and R keys together to open Run dialog box.
- Write dxdiag and press the enter key.
- Navigate to System tab and check the version of DirectX under the system information section.
Check if the specifications match the game requirements. If you need to update DirectX use the following step.
Step 3: For Windows 10, 8.1, and 8 users directly download the DirectX update through the Windows update. Use the Settings app to automatically download the latest Windows update.
For users with Windows 7, Vista, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, and XP install the updated package file for DirectX.
Once done updating the DirectX check if the issue is resolved, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error. If your system still displays DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error proceed with the further fix.
Solution 5: Update Scaling Settings for Display
If none of the above fixes helped, try and change the Scaling settings for display on your Windows device to fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Apply the below-mentioned steps
For Users with Windows 10
Step 1: Click on Windows and I keys together to open the Settings App.
Step 2: Click and Expand System section and navigate to the Display tab from the left panel.
Step 3: Under the Scale and layout from the drop-down select the size of text, apps, and other items and set it to 100%
Restart to apply changes and open the game again to check if the Directx encountered an unrecoverable error is fixed.
For Windows 8 & 7 Users
Step 1: On your PC open the Control panel and expand the folder Display.
Step 2: Click on the Smaller option or 100% Preview. Chassis intruded fatal error. system halted then on the Apply button.
Restart your Windows device to apply the updated display settings. Now launch the game again to check if DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error Windows 7 or 8 is resolved.
Also Read: Call of Duty Warzone Crashing on PC
DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error: FIXED
That’s it on our guide to fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error on your Windows device. We hope applying the above solutions helped you resolve the error and enjoy COD or other games without any hindrance. Make sure you update your Graphics card drivers to have the best gaming experience. Use the Bit Driver Updater tool to update Graphics card and all other drivers automatically.
Need further assistance? Feel free to drop your concerns below. If you found the guide helpful don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated with the latest technology updates. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest to never miss an update
Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.
The error is regarding DirectX process. DirectX is a software prerequisite to run high graphics games. If your computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to play the game, you will run into errors like the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. So, kindly check if it’s compatible before going for further troubleshooting steps.
Method 1: Reinstall Graphics Card driver.
Sometimes by reinstalling and updating the graphics card driver will resolve DirectX error. Uninstall the video card driver and then download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.
Method 2: Configure the Display Scaling.
Adjust DPI (Dots per Inch) settings in Windows 10 by right clicking the desktop and selecting Display Settings to open the window. Select Custom scaling to enter a custom DPI scale value, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error. (For e.g. Enter 100 in the text box if it’s not selected).
Method 3: Registry edit.
Use Win key + R diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error open run > type regedit and hit Enter.
Navigate to this registry location: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > PROTOCOLS > Filter > text/xml.
Right click on text/xml and select Delete from the menu. Confirm the action.
Registry Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.
Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.
Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:
Hope it helps.
Microsoft Community - Moderator
5 people found this reply helpful·
Was this reply helpful?
Sorry this didn't help, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback.
How Do I fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error? Is this what you are searching for on the web. Wondering what causes DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error, then this article is for you.
Well, the error is frequently encountered by the gamers playing Call of Duty and other high graphics games.
As per the COD gamers the DirectX unrecoverable error, while trying to launch the game in Windows and when the error appears the game won’t start and in return displays the error message DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error.
Moreover, this is not only limited to this particular game, in some cases it also occurs while starting other Windows games.
Well, this is a bit frustrating as you are unable to launch or play the game on your Windows OS. But luckily there are fixes that work for you to solve the error.
What is DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error?
As the message states DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable error, it is clear the DirectX installed on your computer has encountered some issues.
Despite this, there is a possibility that your Windows system doesn’t meet the requirements for playing the game or your DirectX version is outdated.
Well, as we know DirectX is the sequence of the APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) and is very important for multimedia software and allows the games to connect with the hardware components such as memory, video card, and sound card.
And if gets corrupted or won’t match the requirement of the game then this is most likely to start displaying errors and one such error is DirectX Unrecoverable problem.
Nevertheless, if you are also encountering this irritating error when playing games on Windows 10, then follow the below given workable solutions.
How to Fix “DirectX Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” in Windows 10?
Solution 1 – Verify the Game DirectX System Requirement
As said above if your Windows computer doesn’t meet the DirectX system requirement to run the game this is most likely to cause the DirectX unrecoverable error in Windows 10.
So, make sure to check the game’s DirectX system requirement:
- Open the game’s Steam page or visit the publisher’s website and open the game’s page.
- Now locate the DirectX system requirement for the game
- Then hit Win key + R to open Run box > here type dxdiag > hit OK
- You can see the DirectX Diagnostic Tool open up and on the System tab, you can see the list of jpt 5756 error sending smtp mail Windows system DirectX version.
And if your DirectX version won’t meet the minimum DX system requirement for playing the game then this causes the DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error in Windows.
So here it is suggested to update the DirectX installed but remember this depends on the Windows version you are running. The Windows 10 OS supports the DirectX 12 diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, Microsoft has the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer, this allows you to update the outdated DX version with ease.
- Visit the Microsoft Page > hit the Download button > to save and install the DirectX installer to your Windows.
- Now make sure you are having the latest DirectX version for your Windows system.
After installing the latest DirectX version in your Windows system, try launching winphlash corrupted descriptors error code 161 game and check if the error still persists or not.
Solution 2 – Reinstall the Graphics Card Driver
If updating the DirectX version won’t work for you then here it is suggested to try reinstalling the graphics card driver. This worked for many users to fix DirectX unrecoverable error.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Press Win key + R to open Run box > here type dxdiag > hit OK
- And on the DirectX Diagnostic Tool’s Display tab, check and note down the graphics card by them1x - terror _1 mp3 manufacturer details
- Then on the System tab note down the 32 diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error 64-bit OS listed.
- Next open the video card manufacturer’s website, > click on drivers or download center hyperlink > and in the search box enter your graphics card
- Now choose to download the updated video card driver compatible with your Windows platform.
- Press the Win + X hotkey > choose Device Manager.
- Next, double-click Display adapters > right-click the listed graphics card for opening its context menu, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error.
- Then on the context menu > choose the Uninstall device option
- Check the Delete the driver settings for this device checkbox > press the Uninstall button > restart your Windows OS.
- And click on Cancel if the prompt window appears for detecting graphics card driver.
- Lastly, install the downloaded graphics card driver. You may need to extract the zip folder
Now after installing the latest downloaded graphics card driver and check if the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error is solved or not.
Solution 3 – Update Graphic Card Driver
If reinstalling the graphics card driver won’t work for you then try updating them and check if you are able to get rid of the DirectX error while playing games on Windows 10.
And to update the drivers visit the Microsoft official website or the Manufacturer website and search for the latest driver update compatible with your Windows version.
In many cases downloading the drivers manually is very time-consuming also carries the risk of installing the wrong driver and this may cause serious malfunctioning.
So, here it is suggested to update the graphics card drivers with the automatic Driver Easy. This is an advanced tool that updates the entire system driver’s just by scanning once.
Get Driver Easy to Update Graphics Card Drivers Automatically
Solution 4 – Update Game/Windows to the Latest Build
If updating the graphics drivers won’t work for you then check if the game you are running is outdated or else update it.
Also, make sure to update the Windows with the latest updates. Installing the latest update is very important and if you won’t install the latest updates then you are highly prone to corruption or see various errors.
Below follow the steps given to update the game and the operating system:
- Press Windows + S > in the search bar> type Update > open the Update settings.
- Now in the update settings > click on Check for updates. Now the computer connects to Microsoft servers > check if there is any update available. If any updates are already highlighted, then install them immediately.
- As the update is installed > restart your computer. Now, open the game or the game client like Steam or Blizzard > go to the update section. And verify ole error 800 referstorange excel any updates are available > then download and install them.
- Restart your system > verify if the call of duty warzone directx encountered an unrecoverable error still appears or not.
Solution 5 – Configure diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error Display Scaling Settings
Some Call of Duty warzone gamers suggested that configuring the Display Scaling Settings works for them to fix DirectX unrecoverable error for COD Advanced Warfare and Ghosts as well.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Make sure to adjust DPI (Dots Per Inch) settings in Windows 10 and to do so right-click the desktop > choose Display Settings in the window that appeared
- Then in Windows 10 > click Custom scaling to enter a custom DPI scale value.
- In the text box,> enter 100 if that is not your current DPI scale value, > click on the Apply
- Lastly, click Sign out for applying the custom scale factor.
- If you are using Windows 8 > drag the DPI scaling bar’s slider to the left.
Hope changing the Display scaling settings works for you but if not then lower the advanced graphics settings on the game.
Solution 6 – Change Advanced Graphics Options
This is another helpful solution that worked for the gamers to fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error.
As per the users disabling or lowering the advanced graphics settings on the game works for them. The advanced graphics settings like Shadow control eat plenty of resources on the computer and this is what starts causing errors including the DirectX unrecoverable error.
- To find the graphics options go to the control panel of different graphics cards> try lowering the setting to a minimum.
- Or head to the in-game graphics settings of the game > verify the settings there > try lowering the settings to minimum.
You can also reset the settings to default values and check if this fixes the DirectX error message, error injection uo sure your graphics settings are checked.
Now check authentication token manipulation error ubuntu the error still appears or not.
Solution 7 grub error 21 gentoo Reinstall the Game
If none of the above-given solutions like update the game or installing the latest patches released by the game developer works for you then simply uninstall the game and then reinstall it.
Try uninstalling the game using the third-party uninstaller. With this, you can remove the game from your computer completely without leaving any traces, junk files, etc.
Get Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the game completely
Now restart your system and visit the publisher’s website or other gaming platforms such as Steam, to install the fresh version diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error the game.
Install it on your Windows system and try launching hope now you are able to run the game without encountering the DirectX unrecoverable error.
Solution 8 – Edit the Registry
This is the last solution that you need to try if none of the above-given solutions works for you, here you need to tweak some registry entries.
Manually manipulating the registry is a bit risky as a small mistake can damage your entire system and as a result, it won’t start. So make sure to follow the steps given very carefully.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Press the Win key + R > in the run box > type regedit > hit Enter to open the Registry Error updating e2fsprogs-1.40.8 gentoo src="https://www.pcerror-fix.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/regedit-1.png" alt="start button not working" width="412" height="215">
- Now head to this registry location: ComputerHKEY_CLASSES_ROOTPROTOCOLSFiltertext/xml.
- And click File > Export > enter a file title > click save to back up theselected registry branch.
- Next right-click text/xml > choose the Delete option > hit Yes button to confirm.
- Lastly, close the Registry Editor.
Recommended Tool server error 11001 Fix Windows PC Errors & Optimize its Performance
If your Windows computer is running slow or showing various stubborn computer errors, then it is recommended to run the PC Repair Tool.
This is an all-in-one multi-functioning diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error that just by scanning once detects and fixes various computer errors and issues, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error. It also keeps an eye on the system hardware and tells you which hardware related problem you are encountering.
With this, you can fix various errors like DLL repair, clean your registry entries, BSOD error, protect your system from virus/malware infection, repair corrupted Windows system files, and much more.
This also tune-up, optimize, and enhance Windows PC performance.
Get PC Repair Tool, to Fix PC Errors and Enhance its Performance
FAQ: Learn More About DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error
1 - What Causes for Call of Duty Warzone DirectX Unrecoverable Error?
There are many different causes responsible for the error COD Warzone Directx encountered an unrecoverable error. Below has a look at some of them:
- Most common reason for the directX encountered an unrecoverable error is the outdated drivers or software
- The corrupted game files also cause directX error warzone
- Random game issues and PC internet bugs
- Some app and other programs cause incompatibility issues
- Due to poor internet connection problem
2 - How do I update DirectX?
To update the DirectX simply visit the official website of the DirectX and download the latest updated version of DirecctX.
3 - How Do I Fix Call of Duty Warzone DirectX Unrecoverable Error?
To fix the COD warzone DirectX unrecoverable error, it is suggested to follow the below given solutions:
- Reboot the launcher, game and your PC
- Reinstall the GPU drivers
- Update your driver and software
- Run the COD game in DirectX 11 mode
- Delete the COD game cache
So here we are, now you are possibly able to resolve “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error”.
Here, I tried my best to list down the complete possible solutions to resolve DirectX unrecoverable error.
The solutions listed are easy to follow and work for you to resolve the error and start playing the call of duty game with ease.
Make sure to follow the solutions listed one by one carefully and fix DirectX errors on Windows 10 & start playing the games with ease.
Hope the solutions work for you, if you have any query, suggestions or questions then feel free to share with us on our Facebook page.
Hardeep has always been a Windows lover ever since she got her hands on her first Windows XP PC. She has always been enthusiastic about technological stuff, especially Artificial Intelligence (AI) computing. Before joining PC Error Fix, she worked as a freelancer and worked on numerous technical projects.
The dominant reason behind getting the error DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error is the corrupted or damaged drivers. It is not the only reason behind it. The other reasons can be incompatible requirements, corrupted files, and outdated DirectX versions. Today we will be discussing all the reasons step-by-step and all possible fixes to this issue diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error the article.
What Causes For Call Of Duty Warzone Directx Unrecoverable Error?
There is no one reason for getting a DirectX error message. There could be many, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error. We cannot define that this is the only reason behind getting the error.
The reason behind it could be system bugs, missing drivers, outdated or damaged drivers, corrupted game files, connectivity problems, or can be incompatibility issues like having a different DirectX version than that is required in your game.
How To Fix “Directx Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” in Windows 10:
To fix the issue DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error, you can try doing the following:
- Install The Latest Patch
- Verify The Game Directx System Requirement
- Reinstall The Graphics Card Driver
- Update Graphic Card Driver
- Update Windows To The Latest Build
- Configure The Display Scaling Settings
- Change Advanced Graphics Options
- Reinstall The Game
- Edit The Registry
- Using Directx Control Panel
- Disable Hardware Monitoring Software
- Delete Games Or Application Cache Files
Fix 01: Install The Latest Patch
From time to time, the developers keep making changes to the game to fix spare bugs and increase the overall user experience, and it is required for the gamer to update all the latest patches with time. Otherwise, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, it may cause conflicts afterward. So, to fix the issue, try installing the latest updates from the official sites of the game.
Fix 02: Verify The Game Directx System Requirement
It is crucial to check the game DirectX system requirements as it could be a dominant cause in getting the unknown error on your windows system.
To achieve this, follow the below diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error you need to visit the game developer website.
- Now, open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error. By searching dxdiag in the Run application.
- Match the DirectX requirement with your system. And if your system DirectX requirement is equal to or above the required parameter. Then proceed with the next step.
And if it is not, you try upgrading to the latest operating system to get the newest DirectX version.
Fix 03: Reinstall The Graphics Card Driver
If you are facing this issue, then you must try reinstalling the graphics card driver.
For reinstalling the graphics card, follow the below steps:
- Open Run Application on your system by searching it over the taskbar or manually using the shortcut keys Windows + R to open it.
- Now, enter dxdiag in the input window and hit enter to open DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the graphics card and manufacturer details displayed on your screen, or note it down in your writing pad.
- Also, note down the operating system version mentioned in the System tab under the System Information in the Tool.
- Next, open the video card manufacturer website and click on the Download drivers or search it for you from the search bar.
- Select the latest version of the video card driver according to the OS version of your system.
- Now, open the Device Manager. You can also use the shortcut Windows + X to open it.
- Locate Display adapters in the device manager and expand it to view more options.
- Select the graphics device 49 4c27 error hp printer that you need to reinstall and right-click on it.
- Click on Uninstall. And also, check the dialog box displaying Delete all the driver software for this device and confirm the uninstallation.
- Now select Automatically download the driver and click continue to proceed.
As updating the drivers completes. Check if the problem is gone.
Fix 05: Update Windows To The Latest Build
If nothing has helped you so far, then do try updating your system to the latest one.
For updating your windows, follow the instructions below:
- Open Windows settings on your system and click on Windows Update, which must be present on the top right corner of the settings window.
- Now, on the next window, you will see a button saying check for updates. Click on it.
- As you click on the check for updates button, it will start looking for the latest updates. If you find any updates, download cat /etc/ fstab input/output error at an instance.
And recheck if this resolved the problem with DirectX or not.
Fix 06: Configure The Display Scaling Settings
If you are still facing problems, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, then you may try adjusting the DPI settings in your Windows.
To achieve this:
- Right-click on your desktop screen and select the display settings.
- Now in the settings, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, click on Advanced scaling settings.
- Customize the scaling percentage to 100 and apply the changes.
Note: – If you own Windows 8, then diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error the DPI scale to configure it.
Fix 07: Change Advanced Graphics Options
Configuring the Advanced graphics has helped many to solve the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. And maybe it could help you as well. So, for achieving the same, follow the mentioned steps:
Configuring the graphics card settings:
- Firstly, you will need to go to the control panel of the graphics card.
- Now from there, try reducing the graphics settings to their minimum.
Configuring the In-game graphics settings:
- Most probably, it must be in the options. And then, you can locate the graphics settings and lower all to a minimum accordingly.
Fix 08: Reinstall The Game
Another method that you can try is to reinstall the game again, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error. Reinstalling the game could help you fix 75% of the issues. For the installation, visit the game developer website and reinstall the whole game once again. And see if this repairs the issue DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error.
Fix 09: Edit The Registry
Another option you can try to fix the issue is to edit the registry file.
To edit the registry diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, follow the mentioned instructions:
- Firstly, open the Run application by using the Windows + R commands.
- Now in the input window, enter regedit and hit enter.
- It will open the Registry Editor on your system.
- Now navigate to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT folder given under Computer.
- Now in this folder, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, locate PROTOCOLS and expand it.
- You will get to see another folder named Filter under it. Expand it too.
- And finally, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, open the text/xml folder.
Together this will be: ComputerHKEY_CLASSES_ROOTPROTOCOLSFiltertext/xml
- Now click on the File tab at the top and click export.
- Enter a new file name, and save the copy of the selected branch.
- Now come back to the text/xml folder and right-click on it, and select delete.
- Press Yes to confirm the deletion and close the Registry editor.
Fix 10: Using DirectX Control Panel
Another thing you could try executing is configuring the DirectX control panel settings for the games. Although, you fulfill all the requirements and have the correct version of DirectX. It is equally crucial to configure the postgressql error relation tablename does not exist for playing the games without any errors.
For this, you will need to first download the control panel setup for DirectX. You can download it according to which operating system version your system supports from the following:
- For the 64 bit OS system – Server error 403 windows update here!
- For the 32 bit OS system – Click here!
Once you download the DirectX control panel. You can proceed with the following instructions:
- Set up the DirectX control panel and launch it.
- Now in the DirectX properties, click Edit list.
- Click Add and navigate to your game.
- Select and add your game to the list.
- Go back to the DirectX properties and select the device settings.
- Set the device settings to the highest level limit and save all the changes.
- Restart your computer and launch the game.
Now check if the problem is gone.
Fix 11: Disable Hardware Monitoring Software
In case disabling the hardware monitoring software could help you fix the error. This hardware monitoring software comes with an automated temperature controller and power consumption fixes which can stop the functioning of the game you are trying to play at the instance.
To make sure it is not blocked. Try disabling this hardware diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error device and then trying relaunching the game. And see if the DirectX error is gone.
Fix 12: Delete Games Or Application Cache Files
At last, to fix the issue DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. What you can do is try deleting all the cache files of the game. Deleting the cache files will free up the unnecessary files reducing the excess load over the game or the application.
For clearing cache files, you will need to obey the following instructions:
- Close your game and go to the folder where you have installed your game or application file.
- Now, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, locate the cache or temp folder inside the folder and select all the cache files.
- Delete all the cache files.
- Now relaunch the game and see if now the problem is gone.
How do I fix DirectX when encountering an unrecoverable error?
You can first check if your system fulfills all the diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error. If it does then, try reconfiguring the preferences from the DirectX control panel and updating the drivers.
How do I fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error warzone?
Here if you are encountering this error with a single game only, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error. Then do check all the graphics settings in-game. And try configuring it to a bit lower point. And see if this fixes your issue.
How do I fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error in 2021?
Check if your DirectX version is updated. If it is not, update it by simply upgrading your Windows system to the latest version. It will automatically upgrade to the latest DirectX.
How do I start warzone in DirectX 11?
Possible fixes that you can try are first restarting the launcher and then try running it into the DirectX 11 mode, reinstall the graphics drivers, delete all the cache files, and try rebooting your device. Check if any of these works for you.
How to Fix the COD Warzone DirectX Unrecoverable Error diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error Windows 10
The error DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error is related to DirectX installation on the system. Most probably, the system doesn’t meet the requirements of the DirectX version, hence the error is seen. The error message may be any of the below,
Directx encountered an unrecoverable error dxgi_error_device_removed
Directx encountered an unrecoverable error warzone
Directx encountered an unrecoverable error modern warfare
Directx encountered an unrecoverable error
Directx encountered an unrecoverable error call of duty 4
In this article, we have segregated the fixes that might help you fix the DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error.
Table of Contents
Fix 1: Update the Display Adapters using Device Manager
Fix 2: Use DirectX Diagnostic Tool
Fix render error detected fedora Modify the Display Scaling
Fix 1: Update the Display Adapters using Device Manager
Step 1: Open the Run Terminal with the keys Windows and R
Step 2: Enter devmgmt.msc and hit Enter
Step 3: In the Device Manager window, Double-click on the Display adapters
Step 4: Right-click on the display device and choose Update driver
Device Manager Display Adapters Graphics Card Right Click Update Driver
Step 5: In the Update Drivers window, click on Browse my computer for drivers
Update Drivers Browse My Computer For Drivers
Step 6: Now, click on Let me pick diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error a list of available drivers on my computer
Let Me Pick From A List Of Available Drivers On My Computer
Step 7: Select the driver from the list and click on the Next button. Choose the Driver from the Manufacturer and not the Basic Display adapter from Microsoft.
Install Display Adapter
Step 8: Restart the System
Fix 2: Use DirectX Diagnostic Tool
Step 1: In the search bar next to the Start button(Windows logo key) type dxdiag
Step 2: From the menu, click on Run as Administrator on the dxdiag application as shown below
Dxdiag Run As Admin
Step 3: In the UAC popping up, click on Yes
Step 4: In the window that opens, wait for the tool to run. Once the tool runs and finishes, click on the Next Page
System Test Finishes Min (1)
Step 4: On the page that opens, click on Next Page and continue to press the Next Page buton till it greys out.
Step 5: Finally, click on the Exit button
Exit Button Min
Fix 3: Modify the Display Scaling
Modifying the Display Scaling has helped some users solve the issue.
Step 1: Open Run terminal with the keys Windows and R
Step 2: Type ms-settings:display and press OK
Ms Setting Display
Step 3: Scroll down to Scale and layout and select 100% from the drop-down
Display Scale And Layout
We hope this article has been informative. Thank you for Diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error comment and let us know which of the above fixes worked in your case.
Tags:How to Fix the COD Warzone DirectX Unrecoverable Error in Windows 10
Solved: DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error [Partition Magic]
This article is written to introduce “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error” that has been reported by plenty of users. MiniTool summarizes and displays some effective fixes to help you resolve this DirectX unrecoverable error.
It’s known that DirectX has been employed by most games in the daily operations. But according to the reports from users, some problems related DirectX might come up when they are launching games, such as DirectX unrecoverable error.
This error has been reported by users of multiple games, especially Call of Duty. When you come across this issue, you will be prompted that DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error and suggested to check the readme for possible solutions.
As you can see in the error message, this issue has something to do with your DirectX, but there might be some other potential reasons. Don’t worry, you can resolve this DirectX unrecoverable error using the following methods.
Note: Before troubleshooting this issue, you’d better make sure your computer meets the system requirement of the game.
Fix 1: Update Your Game and Windows
It’s possible that the manufacturer of the involved game has released updates that contains patches for this issue, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error. If you are using game platform like Steam, you can also go to its update section to update your game automatically. Alternatively, you can uninstall the game and download the latest version from 11 sentyabr terror official website.
In addition, you are also recommended to keep your Windows up-to-date. Just go to Windows Settings app > Update & Security > Windows Update and click Check of updates in the right pane. If there are any available updates, download and install them immediately.
Fix 2: Install the Latest Version of DirectX
If your DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error, perhaps the version of the DirectX doesn’t meet the requirement of the game. So, you should check the DirectX version and install the latest version of DirectX if needed.
To check the version of DirectX, you can follow the steps below:
Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run dialog.
Step 2: Input dxdiag and click OK to open DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
Step 3: Under System tab, you can see the DirectX Version in System Information section.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Driver
You can also resolve DirectX unrecoverable error by updating your graphic card driver. You can ask certain professional program for help or update it manually by yourself. Here’s a simple guide.
Step 1: Check the version of your Windows.
Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of graphics driver.
Step 3: Right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager to open it.
Step 4: Expand Display adapters category, right-click your graphics driver and choose Update driver.
Step 5: Select Browse my computer for driver software option and install the downloaded driver according to the onscreen instructions.
Fix 4: Configure Display Scaling Settings
Some users also suggest changing the display scaling settings. It has been proven to be effective in some cases, and you can have a try.
Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
Step 2: Choose Settings category.
Step 3: In Display section, choose 100% for Scale and layout.
Then, restart your computer and check if this DirectX error has been resolved.
Fix 5: Edit Your Registry
Finally, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, you can try edit your Windows registry to fix this issue. Just follow the given steps below:
Step 1: Invoke Run window, input regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
Step 2: Copy and paste the following path to the address bar and press Enter: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PROTOCOLS\Filter\text/xml
Step 3: Right-click the text/xml folder and click Export to save it to a certain location first.
Step 4: Right-click the folder again and choose Delete this time.
Once it’s done, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, close the window. You should be able to launch your game without the DirectX unrecoverable error now.
About The Author
Amanda has been working as English editor for the MiniTool team since she was graduated from university. She enjoys sharing effective solutions and her own experience to help readers fix various issues with computers, dedicated to make their tech life easier and more enjoyable.
She has published many articles, covering fields of data recovery, partition management, disk backup, and etc. In order to provide more useful tips and information, diretcx encountered an unrecovereble error, she is still committed to expand her technical knowledge.